Welcome to Landisville Variety Trials at SEAREC*
Who we are ...
The gardens are living laboratories and garden classrooms for horticulture, plant pathology and entomology. Commercial visitors use the gardens to develop plant lists knowing that varieties have been fully tested in this climate and under standard cultural conditions. Others use the trials for photography, relaxation, inspiration or simply selecting the best plants for their own gardens.
What we do …
- Evaluate plants during the growing season
- Provide information for commercial growers and gardeners
- Hold Field Day for visual evaluation and tour
- Conduct tours upon request
Pennsylvania Floriculture Advisory Committee
Andy Brown, Chairman
Sinclair Adam, trial director
Visitors are welcome dawn to dusk June 1st to August 31st. Groups who wish additional information, guided tours, or orientation should apply in advance, by calling 717-270-4391 (Lebanon County Extension), or 717-653-4728 (SEAREC). Enjoy the flowers!
This is a project sponsored by:
- Trial Donors [Read More]
- Southeast Ag Research and Extension Center [Visit Site]
- Penn State University - College of Ag Sciences, Dept. of Horticulture [Visit Site]
- Pennsylvania Floriculture Advisory Committee [Read More]
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture [Visit Site]